Monday, December 17, 2012

VISION GONE IN RIGHT EYE: A ::PRAYER REQUEST

BY TONEY ATKINS

I expected the approach of my landmark 70th birthday would be somewhat depressing, but I wasn't anticipaing everything to start falling apart at the same time. I sometimes get the feeling that if they had given away free tickets on the Titantic for front row seats for a better vew of the glaciers, I would have won one.

I have until Jan. 2, 2013, to get back to my nearly 70-year-old, better than expected state of health.
For that to happen, I need your positive vibes and prayers.

When I went to the doctor last Monday to be checked for possible bronchitis and examination of my eyes, which friends had tol me to staying red all the time. He prescribed an antibiotic and a pill that was supposed to each my increasing cough. In fact, I felt terrible Wenesday, Thursday and Friday; the cough was awful and painful; I alternated between chills and fever; then the scariest thing happened.'

My right eye seemed to short circuit. I don't know if it was a minor stroke. All I know is, as I type this, it's taking much longer because I simply cannot see anything out of my right eye, and my left eye is not the best in the world.

I no longer have a car, and I don't know if it warrants a call to 9-1-1.

This is the worst case of flulike, bronchial like illness I've had in years and particularlythe vision thing. Some might say it would be no great loss, but it disturbs me that my writing career may be over; that I might not get to see two of my favorite neighbors' baby girl, due to be born in May.

I am grateful for all that the Lord has let me see and hear in my lifetime, and I hope your prayers and positive vibes will make it possible to see and hear even more.

REGARDING THIS ILLNESS: I took both the flu vaccine and the pneumonia show and still feel like crap a week after this first started. I URGE YOU TO GET A FLU SHOT AND EVEN A PNEUMONIA SHOT. If this illness was this bad after taking the injections, I can only imagine how horrible it could have been if I hadn't had the shots.

PLEASE PRAY FOR THE HEALING OF MY EYE, AND I KNOW YOU WILL BE BLESSED.

Toney Atkins

No comments: