Wednesday, February 05, 2014

PEOPLE THAT MATTER: Vern Shank

PEOPLE THAT MATTER: Vern Shank
Posted from Revolution360.com

Toney Atkins comments: Vern Shank, with a down to earth, fantastic personality, was among personal favorite entertainers with whom I worked during my part-time endeavors as a karaoke host and DJ in the Greater Daytona Beach, FL, area. His professionalism in staging a party and seamlessly working the turntables, dancing with crowds of happy customers and overall talent made him a star in my book, and I thoroughly enjoyed the opportunities to work with and for him. We had some great times at the now-defunct Silver Beach Village in Daytona Beach, which attracted a diversity of many of the finest people in the world during seasonal events, along with some super off-season regulars. If I ever get back to Daytona Beach, one of my first stops will be wherever Vern Shank and his gang of Pyramid DJ stars are performing. I can't say enough thanks to him for the support and encouragement that he gave me, the "old man behind the mic." Keep going, "Burnin' Vern!" (P.S. The writer of the bio at the link above did a fine job of research and interviewing. Please check it out.)

No comments: