Tuesday, February 26, 2013

WHAT I THINK…


By Toney Atkins
I initially began my blogs way back when to “record for posterity” my reports and commentaries for newspapers, along with personal viewpoints and experiences. In a sense, parts of my life story began to emerge as I found this particular blog to be a good outlet for opinions and emotions that most friends and acquaintances would tire of if I injected them into conversations.
Lately, my occasional readers may have noticed that I have begun to include links to authoritative sources, such as ThinkProgress.org and the Huffington Post (among major news outlets) to present stories and opinions that I believe people need to know about. I also link to stories that are weird or just plain odd or funny for a change of pace. When I was a teacher years ago, I found that injecting humor has a way of making more palatable the more serious material that needs to be learned in our ever-changing society.
I hope that you will sometimes visit the blogs and join me on the journey toward the rest of my life. Oh, yes. I will sometimes be writing completely original stuff and, once I get this blood flow thing to my brain, eyes and ears fixed, if I ever can, I will be finally completing that book I’ve talked about for years.
In the meantime, continue to spread love and peace, and stay healthy.

No comments: