Thursday, May 30, 2013

HOMEGROWN TERRORISM? Texas Man Being Questioned in Mail Threats to Obama, Bloomberg: Sources | NBC New York

Texas Man Being Questioned in Mail Threats to Obama, Bloomberg: Sources | NBC New York

From NBC News.com

Toney Atkins comments: Whose Bible has the writer of the threatening letters been reading? All three mailings reportedly read in part: "You will have to kill me and my family before you get my guns. Anyone wants to come to my house will get shot in the face. The right to bear arms is my constitutional God given right and I will exercise that right till the day I die." A "God-given right"? Sir or ma'am, whoever wrote this, you are a disgrace to Christianity or whatever religion you practice. Nowhere in the Holy Bible is it even implied that gun ownership is a "God-given right." That's ignorantly using the Lord's name in vain and shows the right-wing insanity sweeping our nation in the form of extremist terrorism. The writer of the letter also ominously threatens something much worse to come beyond poison-laced mail. If the writer is going to continue such threats, he or she should leave God out of it, because I cannot believe the Almighty would approve of such attitudes and actions.

No comments: