Tuesday, November 27, 2012

REVISED: WORDS, MUSIC FOR A HAPPY HOLIDAY

THIS POST REVISED AT 7:45 P.M. ON NOV. 27, 2012

BY TONEY ATKINS

I couldn't resist finding a holiday playlist on Slacker Radio. I don't really expect Santa to come in a boogie woogie choo-choo train and I refuse to have a blue Christmas.

This year, I plan to focus on the wonderful Christmases past and to create a merry Christmas for myself (even though I won't have any money to buy gifts for anyone, including myself, after the usual monthly expenses; sorry about that).

All I have to do is remember that there are too many people in the world who have nothing. They don't have a roof over their heads; they can't afford a holiday meal; their health may not be good; they may have suffered emotional losses; they may be alone and lonely; they are most likely worse off than I.

I pray that someone will make those folks' Christmas at least a little bit merry and special.

Life itself is a gift. Sharing its positive aspects can make things better for the giver as well as the recipient. Perhaps we can let the spirit of Thanksgiving spread all the way into the new year.

Happy holidays, everybody, and check out a station of some of my favorite holiday music on Slacker Radio:

http://slacker.com/r/2yHLv

(REVISION ON NOV. 24, 2012==I changed to this station after discovering that music based on my personal Christmas playlist at the previously posted link featured too many non-holiday songs. The only way to share playlists in their originally created form seems to be by sending them to people who have a paid subscription to Slacker, which I love, but I promised free. This is a fine, free Slacker station. Enjoy!)

IF YOU WANT TO LISTEN TO THE FREE VERSION OF MY ORIGINALLY POSTED PLAYLIST, WHICH CONTAINS SOME CHRISTMAS SONGS FROM THE LIST, PLUS NON-HOLIDAY SONGS BASED ON THE ARTISTS I SELECTED, YOU CAN GET THE VARIETY SLACKER STATION, ESSENTIALLY PROGRAMMED BY ME, AT:

http://slacker.com/r/jj5qv

STAY SAFE AND STAY HEALTHY THIS HOLIDAY SEASON, AND PLEASE SPREAD SOME PEACE, LOVE AND JOY! www.toneyatkins.com/

No comments: