Thursday, March 28, 2013

Top Republican Warns Of French People Illegally Crossing Mexican Border In South Texas


Top Republican Warns Of French People Illegally Crossing Mexican Border In South Texas: pDuring an appearance on a local radio station Thursday morning, Texas Senator John Cornyn (R) claimed that people from all over the world are now entering the country illegally through Texas and insisted that any Congressional effort to reform the immigration system must invest in border security. “You gotta stop the flow of people coming [...]/p

Above from ThinkProgress.org

Toney Atkins comments: OMG! OMG! The French are coming! The French are coming! OMG! One memory that strikes me upon reading the above is a column I wrote just after the terrible terrorist attacks on the U.S. on Sept. 11, 2001. I simply pointed out that terrorists could easily enter our country by coming through Mexico (and I read recently that caves between Mexico and the U.S. would allow secret access). When I wrote my opinions about border security and terrorism, I saw little to no acknowledgement on the part of political leaders, nor did I hear any governmental proposals to guard our nation, not from Mexican immigrants, but from foreign lands whose people would like to do us harm. Now we have a Republican about French people illegally entering the country. OMG!!!!!

No comments: